Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'm Back to Blogging

If you were reading this blog in '09, you may have wondered why my posts stopped in late November.

I started a full time job shortly after that with a 1 hour and 35 minute one-way commute. I'm still at this job, but my commute has now been minimized (it's actually less than two minutes now).

So, I'm back to my weekly blog posts here. I didn't give up blogging this last year, as I have been the author of the blog for my company. There, I post about four times/week. Those posts, however, are all auto and Gary Lang Auto Group related.

This blog is about advertising.

This year has seen a lot of change in the advertising world:

  • Facebook surpassed Google for time spent online.
  • Web TV trends growing and cable subscriptions declining.
  • Time spent watching TV growing, with cable programming growing (contradicting the statement above).
  • Internet usage matching TV viewership time.
  • iPad launch and growth of tablet computers.
  • Groupon's growth.
  • And more.
I have much to blog about and am looking forward to posting weekly. I hope you are, too.