Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Buzz on Super Bowl Ads Begins
















I thought most of the Super Bowl buzz around me was because I live in Milwaukee and am working in Illinois. Other than the cold weather, most of the conversation has been about that team in Green Bay versus the team in Chicago. I think they may be playing this afternoon...

This morning, I'm reading my normal news sites and notice many articles about Super Bowl advertising. Since I'm from Detroit (where no one I know has Lions' parties), this is my favorite part of the season.

AdAge.com is grouping Super Bowl spots by categories and the current batch features Coca-Cola ads. (The first grouping was monkey spots.) My vote? Hands-down, it's the Mean Joe Green spot from 1980. It's probably one of the best TV spots ever. Beyond just one of the best Super Bowl TV spots.

Looking ahead, CNN posted a link to the CNN Money "sneak peak" of Super Bowl ads. So far, nothing seems that exciting. But we'll see in a couple weeks.

The more immediate concern is who will be playing from the NFC. Either way, I'll be dealing with the happy and the unhappy fans from today's game. And I'll be looking forward to the ads.